GUIDELINES FOR PERSONAL ASSISTANTS
An Unlicensed Personal Assistant MAY:
1. Accompany licensees during the holding of an open house and perform the following functions:
a. Open the door and greet prospects as they arrive at the open house.
b. Hand out or distribute printed material.
c. Have prospects sign a guest book to record names, addresses and phone numbers.
d. Accompany prospects through the home for security purposes (ONLY the licensee should answer any questions pertaining to the material aspects of the house or its price and terms.
2. Perform strictly clerical tasks
3. Function as a courier in picking up or delivering documents on behalf of the employing licensee. (Keys should NOT BE GIVEN to unlicensed persons for the purpose of showing a property).
An Unlicensed Personal Assistant MAY NOT:
1. Independently show or demonstrate property to prospective buyers.
2. Make cold calls by telephone or in person to potential listers, purchasers, tenants or landlords.
3. Answer any questions on title insurance, financing or closings.
4. Independently hold open houses for brokers or staff booths at home shows or fairs.
5. Solicit business through telephone prospecting.
6. Give additional information not included in prepared written promotional material which has been distributed to the public.
7. Represent themselves as an agent for a real estate broker or the owner/seller of the property.
8. Have their name printed on business cards or stationery that would imply they are an agent for the real estate broker.
9. Conduct telephone solicitation calls.
10. Perform any of the acts for which a license is required under Michigan Real Estate License Law (MCL 33.2501 et seq.)